Simple to use and easy to incorporate into your daily routine. No flavour, texture or smell.
DIRECTIONS FOR ORAL USE
- Mix one level tablespoon of FIBER CHOICE in 200mL of liquid or 150g of food
- Stir until powder is fully dissolved
- It can be stirred into any non-carbonated liquids (water, coffee, fruit juice) or thicker preparations (yoghurt, soup) warm or cold
- Do not consume powder alone. Mix with fluid or food
- 1 level tablespoon contains 5g powder = 4.3g of dietary fibre.
DIRECTIONS FOR PEG* USE
- Mix one level tablespoon of FIBER CHOICE in 200mL of water**
- Stir until powder is fully dissolved. Administer the liquid mixture via the PEG as directed by the healthcare professional
- When FIBER CHOICE is administered via a PEG, it is important to flush the feeding tube before and after the addition of the liquid mixture containing FIBER CHOICE
- 1 level tablespoon = 1 serve = 5g powder = 4.3g of dietary fibre.
NB: If on a fluid restriction, it is possible to add 1 tablespoon of FIBER CHOICE to less liquid. The minimum amount of liquid is 100mL.
* Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy.
** If the liquid mixture is to be administered as a bolus via an enteral feeding syringe, fresh tap water can be used to mix the FIBER CHOICE. However, if the patient is immunosuppressed, boiled, cooled tap water should be used instead.
RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE: It is recommended to use FIBER CHOICE by gradually adjusting the intake to the individual’s needs as advised by a healthcare professional.
Start with 1 level tablespoon per day. Depending on the individual response, it is advised to increase the daily intake gradually without exceeding the maximum recommended amount of 4 level tablespoons (20g) per day.
Ensure fluid intake is increased as daily intake increases. Always consult with your healthcare professional.
FIBER CHOICE can be used long-term and reinitiated whenever required.
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place and use within 8 weeks of opening. All prepared products should be tightly covered and consumed within 4 hours at room temperature or within 24 hours if refrigerated.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Use under medical supervision. Only suitable from 3 years onwards.